Miss Dee

Whisperer in the Darkness

Lead

Sep 5 08 1:47 PM

Tags : :

I was thinking fo having a game from the bad bugs perspective thoughts??

We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. We know who we are now, we can find our own way between order and chaos.

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Sep 5 08 2:03 PM

Migou PC rules are slated for a coming book. Ancient Enemies if my ever-shoddy memory is correct.

I can't wait to peek behind that particular curtain.

Hydrogen H
Stupidity Su

= The two most common elements in the Universe.

Quote    Reply   

Miss Dee

#2 [url]

Sep 5 08 2:43 PM

coolness

We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. We know who we are now, we can find our own way between order and chaos.

Quote    Reply   

Miss Dee

#4 [url]

Sep 5 08 4:44 PM

possably spring '09

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 5 08 5:39 PM

I have drek for time-sense so dates roll right off of my mind.

I can't remember at all.

Hydrogen H
Stupidity Su

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 5 08 7:52 PM

That's why I'm so intrigued by it. How does one frame the utterly alien for our utterly human minds?

Woah that was like existential or something... I need to go lay down.

Hydrogen H
Stupidity Su

Quote    Reply   

TekHed

#8 [url]

Sep 5 08 8:21 PM

Ancient Enemies is the Book expanding upon the Eldritch Society vs. the Chrysalis Corporaion and will deal with Tagers and Dohanoids.

Mortal Remains will be dealing with the Migou side of things.

Dead Gods will flesh out the Rapine Storm and the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Lets hope all three are included in the 2009 slate along with the first metaplot book: Damnation View.

Last I heard the guys at Wilfire are looking to 4 releases per year (which presumably would not include the color rerelease of Dark Passions).

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 5 08 9:19 PM

Blupe wrote:
Playing a migou?!? Man, that could be difficult! By definition they are really, really alien...!

It isn't all that hard, they're calculating and amoral, which is a personality we can understand. The roadblocks right now are that we don't know what Migou want, and we don't know what they DO other than scheme, kill and scheme, so games featuring them would amount to...well, scheme, kill and scheme. It'd basically be a hack and slash except you'd plan out how to hack and slash and then go do it, and if you come back you get reshuffled into doing it again.

[URL=http://spiritsofeden.com]My RPG web site, with product reviews, my campaign setting and much more.[/URL]
[URL=http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dream-of-the-sky]My current Cthulhutech campaign.[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 5 08 11:14 PM

Yup, it's Mortal Remains that will explore the Migou side of things. We are slating that for a Gen Con 09 release.

As for how does one frame the alien for human minds? Lots of "it's kind of like, but not really..."

Matthew Grau
Vice-President, WildFire
Creator of CthulhuTech & Framewerk
@blackcatinla

Quote    Reply   

Blupe

Elder Tager

#12 [url]

Sep 6 08 5:28 AM

magustoad, I completely understand the attraction! For me, playing something like that might be easier in a play by post game, where extra time to think out the reactions is available. (I'm trying to do that with an elf character in an All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Dungeons & Zombies game. Might be my best job of portraying an elf yet!)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help