Alexb83

The Crawling Chaos

Lead

Apr 27 08 10:59 AM

Tags : :

Tager mindlink:- how limited is 'limited telepathy'? Can mind-linked tagers carry out a conversation?

Communicating verbally: This is a bit of a problem for Tagers who are involved in operations with non-tagers. How can they communicate over comms, or even in the same room with non mind-linked colleagues? (Without shifting and unshifting every other sentence)

Shadow limit weapon:- does this have to be close quarters attacks, or can the tager elect to use his/her (up to 6) actions with a mix of thorn attacks and needle pod shots at the elected target?
Quote    Reply   

Kenshiro

#1 [url]

Apr 27 08 6:34 PM

The Tager mindlink isn't so much for actual conversations but to convey general information. "The enemy is here." "Don't go there." "Kill this Dhohanoid." "I scored a point."

Tagers can't communicate verbally unless they make a Tenacity Test. And only then, it's only a growling short phrase or word, like "Leave!" or "Help you!" In our games, we have the Tagers communicate with hand signal with non-Tagers...a combination of sign language and how the Predators acted in AvP.

I believe you can use the Shadow Limit Weapon with a combination of ranged and melee attacks. But that's just me.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 27 08 8:39 PM

Huh. I didn't know Tagers couldn't talk properly while shifted, I figured it would have worked like when the Guyver talked in the live action movies or maybe Goa'uld, heavily modulated and bassy but otherwise fine.

Quote    Reply   

Blupe

Elder Tager

#3 [url]

Apr 28 08 5:29 AM

I thought in the rule book the Tagers trying to make their way out of Anchorage who were communicating with each other were doing so via their telepathy, and doing so as if it were a normal conversation...?

Quote    Reply   

Kenshiro

#4 [url]

Apr 28 08 4:02 PM

Blupe wrote:
I thought in the rule book the Tagers trying to make their way out of Anchorage who were communicating with each other were doing so via their telepathy, and doing so as if it were a normal conversation...?

They are, but you could say is a combination of the mindlink, body language, etc. "Normal" communication for Tagers is not normal communication for you or me.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 28 08 5:35 PM

if a "normal" person spent alot of time around a tager, and i mean alot, would they be able to understand its grunts and groans more?

for example han solo understanding chewie while noone else does.

Quote    Reply   

Blupe

Elder Tager

#7 [url]

Apr 29 08 5:07 AM

Kenshiro wrote:
Blupe wrote:

They are, but you could say is a combination of the mindlink, body language, etc. "Normal" communication for Tagers is not normal communication for you or me.

Hey, how do you know its not normal for me?!

Okay, I guess I could see that. (That's probably how Lovecraft would have had it, anyway.)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 9 08 11:28 PM

This entire bit seems ridiculously clunky and if they can't talk, that should've been written into the game. The same goes for the use of their telepathy and how it works. I mean, sign language? That's a pretty big deal and changes the way a game is played.

And doesn't the Tager in the first story in Vade Mecum speak just fine? I love CT, I really do. But please, be consistent.

The REAL EOD, baby!

Quote    Reply   

Alexb83

The Crawling Chaos

#9 [url]

Dec 10 08 12:02 AM

As far as anyone else is concerned - Tagers should talk about as much as the (evil) Terminators do in the eponymous movies:

"I'll be back"

"Get out"

etc.

The one in Vade Mecum seems more loquacious though.

Based on what Ken posted above and what I've played in Tager games to date (yes, we played with the tests - and it was set at challenging in that game - though my delving through old threads hasn't turned up where that comes from yet.)

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 26 09 12:49 PM

Alexb83 wrote:
As far as anyone else is concerned - Tagers should talk about as much as the (evil) Terminators do in the eponymous movies:

"I'll be back"

"Get out"

etc.

The one in Vade Mecum seems more loquacious though.

Based on what Ken posted above and what I've played in Tager games to date (yes, we played with the tests - and it was set at challenging in that game - though my delving through old threads hasn't turned up where that comes from yet.)

Maybe he was a more experienced Tagger? And thus had better "control", so to speak?

Though, I have been curious:
Situation: You have a Tagger who was also skilled in piloting a Mecha before the Rite of Sacred Union. Would he still be able to pilot a mecha, or would the Rite prevent him from sitting in the cockpit, or what not?

Quote    Reply   

Alexb83

The Crawling Chaos

#11 [url]

Jan 26 09 12:54 PM

He could not pilot the mecha whilst in Tager form - in the unlikely event that he ever had cause to pilot a mech at all. Since a Tager could not fit in a cockpit designed for a human.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 26 09 1:03 PM

Alexb83 wrote:
He could not pilot the mecha whilst in Tager form - in the unlikely event that he ever had cause to pilot a mech at all. Since a Tager could not fit in a cockpit designed for a human.

Well, that I know. But, it does not seem like a Tagger could take on somethings, but a Mecha could, and, it could help provide cover stories, perhaps, but...

I am just uncertain how much control a Tagger has over when they transform, as that does not seem to be spelled out very well. Would they have an issue of fighting, and then, something happens, and they shift? Or do they only shift when they want to or are knocked unconscious?

Quote    Reply   

Alexb83

The Crawling Chaos

#13 [url]

Jan 26 09 1:31 PM

No, they shift voluntarily - you only need to worry about the Symbiote taking over if they fall unconscious when shifted.

Though I suppose you could force one to shift by drugging them, or pumping them full of adrenaline, or using a mind-worm suggestion etc. etc.

Normally, they choose which form they are in.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 27 09 8:09 PM

I'll give you the short form here, because this tager-mech-pilot thing has been flogged to death.

The structure of the Eldritch Society, the covert war they are fighting, and the military-only access to mecha pretty well nulls a scenario where a Tager (no double g) would be in a cockpit.

If you stick to canon that is, otherwise make the rules up as you wish.

What Alexb83 stated is correct, btw.

Hydrogen H
Stupidity Su

= The two most common elements in the Universe.

Quote    Reply   

Alexb83

The Crawling Chaos

#15 [url]

Jan 27 09 8:41 PM

magustoad wrote:
I'll give you the short form here, because this tager-mech-pilot thing has been flogged to death.

The structure of the Eldritch Society, the covert war they are fighting, and the military-only access to mecha pretty well nulls a scenario where a Tager (no double g) would be in a cockpit.

If you stick to canon that is, otherwise make the rules up as you wish.

What Alexb83 stated is correct, btw.

I think the short answer is as you say: Yes, they can - in terms of the rules.
In terms of the setting: They never would.

But being in Tager form inside a mech is an absolute nono on rule terms letalone setting - they simply wouldn't fit.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 27 09 10:00 PM

That and even if you could cram into the cockpit, the controls aren't designed for big fleshy clawed hands anyway.

[URL=http://spiritsofeden.com]My RPG web site, with product reviews, my campaign setting and much more.[/URL]
[URL=http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dream-of-the-sky]My current Cthulhutech campaign.[/URL]

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help