Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 9 14 7:51 AM

Tags : :

I recently started GMing a CTech game for a few friends.  A lot of us don't understand the rules terribly well, but one of my friends is trying to use them in a way that I don't think is correct.

Specifically, how do they work, exactly?  For instance, Hun-Zuti lists three flowcharts for the two-action moves, one that starts with Knife Hand at -1 and chains to either Draw Weapon at -1 or a second Knife Hand at -1; a second that starts at Knife Hand -2 and goes to Trip, and a third that's Nerve Strike -1 and Lock -1.  My understanding is that, if he wants to use a two-action cascade, his first action must be either Knife Hand or Nerve Strike, if he picks Knife Hand he must have either a -1 penalty and follow it up with drawing weapons or a second Knife Hand at -1, or he can do Knife Hand at -2 but then must do a Trip with no penalty for his second action.

His understanding, however, is that he can combine whatever individual attacks are listed for the cascades, and assign the cumulative penalty however he wants to the actions, so he could do a Knife Hand at -2 and then Nerve Strike with no penalty, or two Knife Hands with the first taking no penalty and the second taking -2.  Which of us is correct?

My second question involes the Eldritch Society Ninjutsu.  It has a special note that a Tager in their shifted form can use their natural attacks instead of the listed attacks, as long as they take the same penalty.   I'm not sure how to interpret this however, would anyone be able to give me an example or two?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 24 14 2:28 AM

The flow charts represent Manuevers that can follow a particular starting Maneuver, based on the number of actions a character can use on their turn in combat. The penalties listed apply to the roll for that particular action (so following Maneuver A, Maneuver B takes the listed penalty, as does Maneuver C if the character can use three actions in a single combat round). Your interpretation is the correct one as far as the two-action cascade goes. Three-action cascades do not allow a user to double-up a penalty on one move to negate the penalty for a second move, they're used by those whose Agility is high enough that they can use three actions. In both cases the penalties listed replace those for multiple actions taken during a character's turn in combat.

As for Tagers, the rule means they can substitute a natural close quarters attack their shifted form possesses for the Maneuvers listed. So a Vampire could use its talons or tentacle sheath in place of any Maneuver listed on the flow chart for NEG Ninjutsu at the listed penalty instead of the normal penalties for multiple actions.  And as above, three-action cascades are only used by those whose Agility is high enough to grant them a third action on their turn in combat.

www.fraternityofshadows.com - My Other Haunt

Free Speech: You get what you pay for.

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - H. P. Lovecraft

Last Edited By: High Priest Mikhal Sep 24 14 2:31 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help