Remove this ad

BEAR

Whisperer in the Darkness

The King in Yellow

Lead

Oct 10 12 6:04 PM

Tags : :

Hey guys,

So I ran a small game with some of the new Tagers as my players. First off, I am glad to report that the new Tagers are just as squishy as normal ones. My Voidspeaker took a full-auto SMG to the face and lost three orbs, three full health levels and got smashed up pretty bad. It had to retreat back and heal before it was of use again. The Void Bolt attack is hard hitting, but is greatly limited by it's single shot (as designed). My player has not used the entangling power yet, but in comparison to my other player using a Shadow (and the poison) I doubt it could be much worse! Never again will I underestimate the Shadow vs. small groups.

I tried out a few scenarios with the Echidna and the Aurora and found two things to be very prevalent; Firstly, armor reduction and hybrid damage, combined with a high damage rating is nearly an instant kill on anything. Even things with a 3/3 armor were getting cut to ribbons and given the Echidna's huge blast radius, it could have been swarmed by Zabuths, power armor and tanks and destroyed them all. My suggestion is cutting the damage down to +4 max or removing the Armor reduction aspect. At 3/3 armor itself, the Echidna is too hardy to be that powerful.

The Aurora was a great glass cannon, but again it's damage output was not consistent with it's CE spending. For one CE, it's getting a blast radius weapon with high damage and six shots. For 3 CE it is getting a fairly weak entangle effect against say... a Zabuth. I would say lower the clip size of the CE point to 3. Also, with no armor, it is faaaaaar too squishy. My suggestion is keeping the rule as is, but also adding an additional phrase to the wall power that the Aurora can encase itself in a layer of glass armor that provides 2/2 armor at the cost of using it as a wall. The power would cost 2CE every half hour, say and stops CE regeneration. If it wants to use the wall power, it would need to end the armor and recast it later.

Basically I shattered one dead in the first round of combat, so... yeah. Glass.

Good work guys. Let me know if you end up play testing your own stuff!

[ B E A R ]
Once I was a king;
Now I drag my Throne

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 12 12 7:57 PM

I've no luck trying to get my player group on board, we just started our game and they wanted to stick with the characters THEY made.

It's awesome that you're able to get actual player feedbacks!

Quote    Reply   

BEAR

#2 [url]

Oct 12 12 9:06 PM

Yeah, it was good fun seeing them in action.

[ B E A R ]
Once I was a king;
Now I drag my Throne

Quote    Reply   

BEAR

#4 [url]

Oct 16 12 8:52 PM

Actually, I had not planned that. The game I am running now is a short-term one to fill in a couple open spots in our game rotation, but it seems the group is liking the game. I should have a Banshee playing in the next session and perhaps a Cannibal if I can convince them.

Also, I am letting them pick their own characters for this game, but giving them the option of the new ones for playtesting. It's a nice benchtest with other Tagers to see if they are just too powerful or not enough.

[ B E A R ]
Once I was a king;
Now I drag my Throne

Quote    Reply   

Emote Control

#5 [url]

Dec 9 12 7:14 PM

Have you considered using Predator magic in your games? I've long been curious as to how it would work out in a plotline. That's why all the spells came with suggested stories attached.

Cthulhu is coming! Look busy!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BEAR

#6 [url]

Dec 9 12 7:16 PM

I gave the players the option of being sorcerers, but all of them chose Tagers, so I have not had the ability to test them yet. Also, the testing period right now is mainly for tagers as that is the section we are wrapping up.

An update is going to be posted today, now that the forum seems to be working again.

[ B E A R ]
Once I was a king;
Now I drag my Throne

Quote    Reply   

BEAR

#8 [url]

Dec 10 12 4:18 PM

Also true. Actually, that may work in nicely. I'll see how it flows.

In further news, I will be turning the Banshee's Limit attack into a forward-facing, 90 degree cone. Turns out that you can't do much to support a group if you have to be 50 yards away from them when popping a Limit weapon.

[ B E A R ]
Once I was a king;
Now I drag my Throne

Quote    Reply   

BEAR

#9 [url]

Mar 6 13 12:18 AM

Nice little update for you all,

My Voidspeaker is getting creamed every time he gets ballsy, meaning the balance is going well. Once he stays back and keeps range, he is a power-house, but relies on the team to keep enemies tied up.

The Banshee is a great tank, but some tweaks were needed to the limit weapon to limit it's arc. It can however take a lot of punishment and can also dish out damage when needed, but suffers from mobility and utility powers, which is perfect. Very much a bang-beast. My Echidna player dropped out, but my Aurora player used some houserules to balance CE costs and armor and seems to be working out better.

The Game continues!

[ B E A R ]
Once I was a king;
Now I drag my Throne

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help