Lead

Dec 14 10 9:53 AM

Tags : :

Due to recent events, I've come to the conclusion that a more comprehensive set of forum rules has become necessary. The original forum rules have served their purpose quite well, but it seems that they are no longer sufficient to get the job done. In that vein, I present to you the almighty Forum Rules Revised:

1. This forum is for the discussion of Wildfire Games products, including Cthulhutech, Poo the Card Game and C-Stars, as well as the respective game engines that drive them. Tangents are okay, so long as they have something to do with Wildfire or its products. You may speak on any topic that you would like in the Off Topic forum, but remember to follow all other site rules.

2. Keep the conversations constructive and civil. Legitimate questions, concerns and compaints are fine. Encouraged even, since this is how the game developers learn what it is that you want out of your gaming experience. But if you are here just to gripe about things, please go elsewhere.

3. In this same vein, Flaming, Baiting and Trolling will not be tolerated. Flaming basically means making personal attacks against other users. Baiting is when you deliberately try to lure others into a flame war or other arguement. Trolling is when you post inflamatory or off topic comments in a thread to specifically provoke a fight. Violations will be dealt with on a case by case basis, and all users who participate in such activity will be punished whether they started it or not.

4. Forum moderation is to be left to the site administration. Please refrain from attempting to moderate the forum unless you've been given permission by the admin team to do so. Not only might this cause a backlash from other users, but it's disrespectful to the site adminstrators. If you have concern about an admin or mod decision, take it up with that person (or another staff member) in a private message.

5. All content on this forum is to be appropriate for a PG-13 movie. This means NO graphic sexual content of any sort, NO overly graphic violence, and under no circumstances may any profanity be used in the general forums. Game forums may have a little more leeway on this, but only a little. I encourage you to PM me or any other site administrator in any situations where you feel that your content might be skirting the edge of the rules.

6. There are certain topics that have been proven to be detrimental to the community as a whole. The subjects of Real World Religion and Real World Politics may not be discussed anywhere on this site. Religion and politics may be discussed as they relate to the fictional game worlds in Wildfire's products but general discussions about these topics are not permitted. Period. Any discussions that veer too far into the real world will be shut down.

7. Negative and/or offensive remarks based on race, creed, culture, religion, nationality, gender-identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other such concept will not be tolerated. Hate speech will not be tolerated. Comments about the inherent superiority of any one of the above groups over any other are innapropriate and will not be tolerated. There are plenty of places on the internet where you can express such views, and none of them are here.

8. Individual users are responsible for ensuring that they have permission to use any off-site content that they post to this website. This means that YOU are responsible for making sure that you don't violate copyrights and that you have permission to use any content that was not created by you. You are also responsible for insuring that you follow any and all requirements put out by the creators of that content when you post it. You are also responsible for making sure that any content you post or link to does not violate site rules.

9. Violations of the above rules may result in warnings, or in more severe cases account suspensions or outright bans. In any case, three warnings will result in a permanent ban.

10. Any questions or comments about any of the rules should be addressed to myself via a private message. Any violations of the rules should be likewise reported to myself or another admin via private message.

Please note that I am a Site Admin/Moderator. I am NOT a Wildfire or Catalyst staff member, or C-Tech developer and I am NOT authorized to speak on their behalf, nor to make official rulings about C-tech setting or rules.