Lead

Aug 13 10 5:32 PM

Tags : :

Viva la Vida

Hi people,
first thing I should get out of the way is that I've never ST/GM'd a pbp game before so this will be a real exercise of throwing myself into the deep end of the pool. I'm an old hat at being in the driver's seat for roleplaying games though and I want to run some more CT but don't have enough interest from my regular group at the moment.

Theme - Is Faith Enough? What will I Sacrifice for Victory?

Mood - Oppressive Claustrophobia, Brooding Noir

Characters - Before I get into character types I'd like to gauge interest in either a non-Tager or Tager focused Eldritch Society game. If interest lies more towards a non-Tager game I'll add to the fluff that there is a militant wing of non-Tager in the Eldritch Society who act as saboteurs/assassins where Tagers would be too exposed (as you might be able to tell from my writing I'm leaning towards a non-Tager game of Eldritch Society goodness but I'll go with player majority).

Players - I'm looking for between four and six players

Content - I'm going to say right here that there will be mature content in any game I run, I don't mean dirty hanky panky, I'm a fade to black kinda guy, but this is a horrific setting and gore/violence is an integral part of it.

Well if your interested please post here and throw your hand up for either a Tagered or non-Tagered game. I'll stick up a setting post once there's some interest, hope to hear from you soon.

Players
Tweaked_Zoner – Widow

Bull30075 – Nazzadi Phantom, hacker

Sliver – Nazzadi Whisper, ex-cop

Broz – Human Vampire, (Chav? )

Defender – Human Mirage, Frycook

Cazz – ?

Eudorus - ?
Quote    Reply   

TweakedZoner

The Crawling Chaos

#1 [url]

Aug 13 10 5:51 PM

I would love to play.

I have a widow Tager done up for another now inactive game I could use or, If we decide to go non Tager, I can throw something together Perhaps a Para-psy Agent.

“Cause it’s gonna be the future soon
And I won’t always be this way
When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away”
-The Future Soon, by Jonathan Coulton

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 13 10 6:58 PM

Very interested!

I could play both Tager and non-Tager, perhaps humans would be most interesting, they have to see the war without having their minds clouded by Symbionts, what the two sides do to eachother and the humans unlucky enough to be affiliated to any of them.

T-Minus 15.193792102158E+338 years until the universe closes!

"Tentacles are like bacon. They make everything better." - ThunderWave
"sliver nailed it, of course" - Azirapheal
"what he said : )" - Azirapheal

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 13 10 10:50 PM

I like Tagers, but I could suffer through a non-Tager game. I want to play. I usually would do a Mirage or a Vampire, but I could fill whatever is needed. And I don't mind mature content.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 14 10 12:02 AM

Now it's a party.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 14 10 12:04 AM

This forum is starved for games, 8 hours and the game has 5 players.

Looks like most want Tagers.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 14 10 12:13 AM

pfft, duh. And I've been wanting for a while.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Aug 14 10 1:35 AM

Same here.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 14 10 1:54 AM

Okay, wow, people are hungry for gaming. I go to bed having put this up and I come back and its already onto its second page

Okay, looking at your replies I'm assuming that people are more interested in Tager PCs which is fine by me. If everyone interested could write up about a paragraph about the sort of character they'd like to be playing, an extended concept that includes character race and Tager type sort of thing, that'd be awesome. I'll also request our own thread to get started in

As for setting I'll be using the Seattle since I'm planning on mum coming to visit later. The game will start in May 2086 where the biggest headline is still the fall of China to the Rapine Storm.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 14 10 1:59 AM

Rodg.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:08 AM

Oh, and yes all printed material thus far will be included except for that which hasn't yet occurred in the time line (I may ask for a change of Tager type if I end up with five Nightmare concepts)

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:10 AM

working on a cajun Mirage frycook.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:15 AM

I´m planning a 25 year old Nazzadi male with a Whisper symbiont. Served in the police until a family tragedy forced him to take an extended leave, during which he came into contact with the Shadow War and never returned to active duty. His current cover is as a security guard. A "big brother" character, always watching out for the other members of the murder, not necessarily a leader type. His symbiont has only increased these traits, he is patient and planning, always aware of danger, and ready to meet them with guns in hand.

Based on a police officer character for another game that ended too soon for me to explore the character concept fully.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:18 AM

Very nice Silver, exactly the sort of concept I'm after. Was the character from one of the other PbPs here? If so I'd love to give it a quick read to see where you were taking the character.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:22 AM

Mine was a child when his father was taken as a result of the Shadow war, and his mother commited suicide soon after, all the while, he was hunting the freaks who did this to him, and he met with the ES, and was wary. He is new to the whole team thing, after so much hunting alone, and wandering. But when around people, he plays the fool and the comedic relief to hide his pain. And he works part time as a frycook.
About 22 years old.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:34 AM

That´s right, was an occult investigation game on this forum, but the threads have been removed, the recruitment thread is still there though. Was when I first started playing CTech in late 2008, Darkeus had a campaign named "In the Depths of Chicago". The game went on a few months, didn´t get very far, then unfortunately was dormant for several months during which people lost interest. I still have the original characters saved, but nothing of the roleplaying.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help