Lead

Oct 16 07 5:55 PM

Tags : :

Kenshiro wrote:
For example, a squad of Broadswords with a Tornado and Eclipse could definitely take on a comparable squad of Migou or Deep One mecha.

I just reread this post, and realize I've heard nothing of these little critters. So, any juicy bits about them?

And, the Deep One mecha - who wants to bet they're just the big ones in powered armor?

"It's a Hydra-class mecha."
"Why is it we only ever see two of them at a time? And why do I always think that they're saying, 'Who's your momma,' or 'Who's your daddy.' only they're saying it specifically to me?"
Quote    Reply   

Kenshiro

#1 [url]

Oct 16 07 6:07 PM

OK, you caught me... >.>

;)

The Esoteric Order of Dagon's mecha are styled along the lines of regular human mecha. You have you big main battle mecha, and infantry power armor.

The difference is that the power armor is meant for Deep Ones mostly, and are designed for deep sea environments. Larger mecha are piloted by both humans and hybrids.

Funny enough, the EOD mech in the main book is called a "Hydra." You can also see it on the left side on the cover art. The power armor is called a "Mudskipper." Deep Ones don't usually use mecha unless it's really necessary, since they do have their "trump cards" with Mommy and Daddy.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 24 07 11:24 PM

Personally, I can't wait to see what sorts of underwater combat gear and weapons are available in the CTech setting given my fascination with the APS underwater assault rifle and SPP-1 and H&K P11 underwater pistols I discussed before.

cheers!
Colin

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 6 07 8:32 PM

The Core Book covers only a little with regards to fighting in the deep. It's mostly designed to introduce the Esoteric Order of Dagon and give you the ability to wage coastal warfare against invading EOD armies.

Vade Mecum: the CthulhuTech Companion, however, gives you four new EOD mecha and 12 new amphibious mecha (four for the NEG, four for the Nazzadi, and four for the Migou) and a couple nasty underwater beasties that are sometimes tamed by the EOD. It will open up underseas warfare and adventuring on a military scale in a whole new way.

There is also the introduction of the Echo, the amphibious Tager, as Jim said, plus the addition of the Patul monstrous underseas Dhohanoid to join the Dua-Sanaras, so that you can take your Eldritch Society game underwater.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 6 08 10:08 AM

What happened to Innsmouth though?? It is completely destroyed (ie left dynamited down, or did the deep ones recliam the port? and what of the Marsh Family? Are they now a ruling caste amongst the EoD?

In anarchy, THERE IS NO CAKE!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 6 08 11:21 AM

n00b sock 1337 wrote:
What happened to Innsmouth though?? It is completely destroyed (ie left dynamited down, or did the deep ones recliam the port?

Well, the FBI raid seemed to have devastated the town economically, and it's likely that the remaining "pure" humans fled the town after their hybrid masters were driven away or arrested. So it's likely that the town was abandoned for some time, though I wouldn't be surprised if some real estate developers rediscovered it during the housing boom around the turn of the century and turned it into a seaside resort or so. How many connections to the Deep Ones still exist at this point in time is anyone's guess - in other words, it's up to the game master. Some artifacts that have been forgotten in the region might help facilitate such contacts.

Judging from the map, it doesn't seem like Innsmouth is within EOD territories - after all, it's fairly close to Boston and other East Cost population centers, so the NEG takes care to protect the region. However, the region is likely to be fairly underpopulated ever since Arkham got destroyed in the 1st Arcanotech war. My guess is that a lot of smuggling involving the EOD goes on in the region - though since the NEG probably does have files about the "Innsmouth Incident" from way back, they might keep an extra eye on the place in search for clues about the EOD.

and what of the Marsh Family? Are they now a ruling caste amongst the EoD?

I doubt that they are the ruling caste - they are still only hybrids. Nevertheless, they are likely to be fairly influential within the cult (after all, it kept the name they gave to it). But any surviving family members within NEG territories are likely to live under assumed names for reasons mentioned above - any person named "Marsh" involved in any maritime activities will likely arouse suspicion among intelligence agencies.

[URL=http://cthulhutech.wikidot.com/]The Cthulhutech Wiki[/URL]
[URL=http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/]The Fairfield Project[/URL] - home of the Delta Green Wiki
[URL=http://eruvian.com/locale.asp?localeID=74]Urbis - A World of Cities[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 6 08 12:11 PM

But, in the begining of the shadow over innsmouth, H.P.L writes;
"...and is now only begining to make a sluggish recovery.." impling that those with the "taint" moved back in.

Quote    Reply   

Kenshiro

#9 [url]

Jan 7 08 1:44 PM

By 2085, Innsmouth might be completely destroyed, or abandoned by normal humans heading to safer areas during the Arcanotech Wars. I doubt they would've known about the town's nasty history, and would have treated it as another EOD-related attack, if Deep Ones or remnants of the Marsh family showed up.

Like Jürgen said, the NEG would keep a close eye on the area, since it's close to the Boston arcology and other urban centers in the setting.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 7 08 2:35 PM

Kenshiro wrote:
By 2085, Innsmouth might be completely destroyed, or abandoned by normal humans heading to safer areas during the Arcanotech Wars.

Personally, I rather suspect that living close to the shore has become rather unpopular in recent years - ever since the EOD announced itself to the world at large.

No one likes to live close to a frontline in a war, after all - and the shores present a rather large frontline which the NEG can't really patrol effectively. Most major cities are probably relatively safe from overt EOD attacks (or at least they have enough defenses to hold out minor assaults). But what's to prevent minor EOD raids in isolated towns where cultists and deep ones drag off all the women to unspeakable fates?

I'm sure that's something preying on the minds of many people who live close to the oceans...

[URL=http://cthulhutech.wikidot.com/]The Cthulhutech Wiki[/URL]
[URL=http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/]The Fairfield Project[/URL] - home of the Delta Green Wiki
[URL=http://eruvian.com/locale.asp?localeID=74]Urbis - A World of Cities[/URL]

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 7 08 4:04 PM

Property values on Galveston have never been so low.

Although, I would imagine that the Gulf might be an interesting staging ground for Atlantic Coastal and Oceanic Warfare (don't have ACOW, man). Besides having the Niz right there for support, it's shielded from the oceans pretty effectively by the choke point south of Florida. From there, oceanic operations can be staged. An entire undersea base can be designed, allowing crawlers to be sent out to prowl the ocean floor and report back findings.

I'm also imagining somebody trying to invent a D-tech comm device for communication through water, since that's always been a problem for air-suckers like us. The Order would be big into that as well, since sea creatures tend to communicate in ways that can only be described as "omnidirectional" and "long-ranged".

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 7 08 4:11 PM

Pneumonica wrote:
since sea creatures tend to communicate in ways that can only be described as "omnidirectional" and "long-ranged".

The EOD might have control stations where the manipulate sea creatures to emit certian messages to others, something like this:

EOD Member: (types in infomation)
Whale: (whale sounds)
50 miles away
Whale 2: (new whale sound)
EOD Member 2: (checks Enigma Machine style book) Ah! The NEG are moving to the Arkham ruins!! (scurries off)
A bit long, but ypu get the idea

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 7 08 6:52 PM

n00b sock 1337 wrote:
The EOD might have control stations where the manipulate sea creatures to emit certian messages to others, something like this:

EOD Member: (types in infomation)
Whale: (whale sounds)
50 miles away
Whale 2: (new whale sound)
EOD Member 2: (checks Enigma Machine style book) Ah! The NEG are moving to the Arkham ruins!! (scurries off)
A bit long, but ypu get the idea

I don't doubt it, it's identical to modern broadcast radio. Indeed, it's exactly like HAM radio except for the cryptographic aspect. The problem with cryptography, something all cryptographers acknowledge, is that security favors the aggressor over the defender, and considerably so. Better to have tight communications (cables, beams, etc.) rather than broadcast. Unfortunately, in the deep that doesn't work out quite so well.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 4 08 6:52 AM

Anymouse wrote:
This entire threat has me thinking of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra raiding an NEG facility in full power armour.

Are Mummy and Daddy still ago, or are they deaded?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help